Great Lakes Freighter – the William G. Mather

William G Mather as it sits in dock The William G. Mather was a Great Lakes freighter ship that was commissioned as the flagship of the Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company.  It was completed in 1925 and remained the flagship until 1952, when it was replaced by the Edward B. Greene.  Mather still remained active in the…