VisualOhio was recently in the Cleveland downtown area and we happened upon this great little restaurant called Noodlecat.
It was a cool 40 degrees F walking down Euclid Avenue at 7:00pm. My wife and I were getting cold and we had a few hours to kill. We were getting hungry and we spied through the front window. I recognized the familiar site of Ramen bowls! Hot soupy broth and noodles! Yes, please!!
Before we even get to the food, here are some great things to know about this place.
- They play great music – especially if you like rock and classic rock.
- The staff there is great. Quick to get you to your table and eager to serve….but they never try and rush you out the door.
- The decor is fun and inviting.
- They have great hours – open 11am – 11pm
- Daily and happy hour specials($1 beers – YES!)
OK…what more do you need me to say? With what I’ve listed above, you’ve got plenty of reason to try out Noodlecat.
The big question is…..how’s the food?
It’s fantastic. You can get full or half portions of the ramen dishes and they even have Japanese steam bun sandwiches(small slider sized items). We each got a half order of ramen and a steam bun sandwich, which filled us up plenty. The bigger bowls would be perfect for those times when you need a bit more food to fill the tank.
The next time you are looking for something a little different, but a good comfort food, check out Noodlecat.
Ramen noodles in a pork broth, pork, dashi, sesame seeds, nori, garlic, scallions and a 6 minute egg.
steamed bun, hoisin, lettuce, pickled radish